 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1135 (-20)
  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) Brian's company. --Todd (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  All parts now 15% off!

I've raised the discount on parts in my Bricklink shop to 15% off of my already-quite-low prices. I'll continue to raise the discount occasionally over the next couple of weeks before closing up shop around June 20, so check back often! Alan Alan's (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  40% off all minifigs in my BL store, Bob's Lego Clearing House

40% off all minifigs including classic space! (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  27% off sale on Town & Aquazone sets and all space minifigs in my BL store for 24 hours or so

27% off sale on Town and Aquazone sets and on all space minifigs in stock: (URL) is for 24 hours or so only. Bob C.B.S. of Bob's Lego Clearing House® (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  All parts on sale in my Bricklink shop!

Hi. I will be permanently closing my Bricklink store in about a month due to an upcoming move to Germany, so all parts in my Bricklink store are now set at 10% off. Since many of my prices were already at or near the lowest on Bricklink, this means (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  5,000 NEW parts added / most below BL avg

I have added over 5,000 parts to my shop; many specialized parts. Check out my variety of 68,000 parts and 700 minifigs. Many more parts to come. I ship WORLDWIDE; my shipping prices are very reasonable. See my splash page for more details...Aaron (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  20% off space sets and space minifigs in my BL store

Now it's Space's turn to be on sale in my store, Bob's Lego Clearing House: (URL) space sets and space minifigs (including Classic Spacemen) are on sale. - Bob (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  URL Corrected (was: Re: Prices lowered in my Bricklink shop!)

(...) And for those who can't subtract out the garbage that got added to Alan's post (why can we send people to the moon, but we can't ever get mail programs to work together properly or smoothly?), here is the corrected URL: (URL) So posted by a (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Prices lowered in my Bricklink shop!

I've lowered a number of the prices in my Bricklink shop (and most were already towards the lower end of the spectrum!). There are many nice deals to be had on parts, especially from 4730 Chamber of Secrets (I have good prices on complete basilisks, (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) That's all assuming he wouldn't have had to declare bankruptcy partway through the proceedings and had to start representing himself (not many defense attorneys will continue representing you once you've run out of money). Large corporations (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) Seriously? Hah! I never actually checked the website out, but in order for him to file a class-action lawsuit, he'd kinda need to be a lawyer (otherwise it'd just be a personal lawsuit). Anyways, it'd be drop-kicked out of the courtroom in a (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

I've never seen this site before (or if I did I don't remember it). I think it's funny that he claims that he is going to file a class action law suite over the re-release of the Metroliner. I wonder how far that got? Probally about as far as his (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> writes: [...] (...) My understanding is that the owner of brickbay.com agreed out of court to change the name. It may well be that if it had gone to court he would have won, but as you pointed out earlier (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  20% sale at Hooked on Lego UK

Hi all, Time for a bit of a clearout, so we've decided to hold a sale. 20% off on all items except Minifigs. Members of The Brickish Association ( (URL) ) get their usual 10% as well making it a 30% sale. Just be sure you name appears in the member (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) No, sorry. (...) Ya, just stumbled into this old thread yesterday. --Todd (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) Not true if you search for "ford dealership": (URL) Right at the top you have www.deansellersford.com, www.superstitionford.com, and www.earnhardtford.com. But again, those are all licensed dealerships, and in order to be allowed to use the (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) These things take time, and they are but one task on the to-do list. Plus, we aren't trying to be jerks about this stuff, so we give people time to make the switch. We don't have many rules for what Web sites can do (and I've worked hard to (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) Nope. LEGO is a registered trademark, and _any_ unauthorized use of it can be prosecuted. If they so choose. A few years back Paramount went around pounding on the door of _every_ Star Trek fansite and demanding that they pull their plug, (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

  40% off Closing Sale

Hi all, I have a 40% off Closing Sale in my Bricklink store until the end of the month after which I will close my store. All bricks not sold will be auctioned on Evilbay. (URL) by to grab those great New bricks & minifigs for great prices. Regards, (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Use of trademarks.. is www.legoaftermarket.com legal?

(...) their bite? I do not see how they could have let it go for this long with nothing. Has anybody ever stood up to them before? Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact