 Marketplace / Auctions / 9423
Re: No combined shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:30:13 GMT

I have started selling some of my excess legos on e-bay.  I would not have a
problem combining shipping cost and that would be the first thing that would
enter my mind if someone won more than one auction.  I have not encountered
anyone that refused to follow what is an expected and obvious practice.
When I post items I am not sure of the weight, so I can't offer a postal
rate at posting on some items.  If the amount I post is less than the actual
postage then I  will refund the difference via PAYPAL.  This is one of the
great things are about PAYPAL, it works both ways.  This is nothing more
than a fairness issue.  As a buyer I refused to be taken advantage of by
another seller.  As a seller I don't to cost myself to the pooint of lossing
money on an auction.
CDC

In lugnet.market.auction, John Barnes writes:
I tend to believe that a lot of ebay sellers are adding bogus "profit" to
their sales by these means.

Anyone who uses the post office to send mail knows what postage costs, and
anyone who buys packing materials from their local store knows what the
material costs are.

If you are buying something on ebay and don't wish to support the
profiteers, simply ensure you only bid on items which declare the p&p cost
in the posting and verify that it makes sense for the item being bid on.

I personally boycott anyone who either doesn't quote an amount or is clearly
gouging.

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Cheng writes:
How often do you find a seller on eBay who tells you that he/she has no plan
to combine the shipping for multiple auctions?
Recently I've emailed a seller for some LEGO sets he put on eBay and asked
him if he would combine the shipping cost if I happen to win some of his
auctions.  Mind you, that he's selling used minifigs and he listed shipping
cost for each at $5.  He replied to me and said "he usually doesn't combine
shipping but he will take a 10% discount off if I happen to win multiple
items from him."(I won some items from him before)
I definitely will not bid on those items and I think I'm lucky I asked him
before I bid.  But I think there would be lots of people just going to
expect the seller to combine the shipping for loose minifigs.
What if someone win some auctions and the seller asks for bogus shipping?
Can the buyer complain to eBay?

Kevin