 Marketplace / Auctions / 9029
9028  |  9030
Subject:
[eBay] MTW-1003 Custom animated Stock Car, never offered before
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 03:16:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I am very pleased to announce that Milton Train Works(tm) has added a
new freight car model to the product line. You may have seen inklings of it
in my ISCC entry and in pictures from GATS Novi.

This unit, MTW-1003-rb is a handsome stock car, and features animation.
Similar in intent to the Lionel(r) Horse Car, which featured bobbing horse
heads, I've engineered a mechanism that will bob entire LEGO(r) horses
around inside the car in response to track irregularities (curves, s-bends,
changes in elevations, or even minor bumps).

If you choose, you can omit the animation, you get parts and instructions
for a static version as well.

In addition, I had a quandary about roof styles. I could not make up my mind
if I liked the pressed steel roof version better or the flat roof version
better, so again, you get parts and instructions for both versions.

As always, each unit will come with an individually signed and numbered
Certificate of Authenticity as well as handsome bound instructions.

The initial unit is up for auction on eBay(r) as we speak:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1699103630

The color scheme I chose is red and black, which highlights the rare sliding
doors I used. Each car features an entire 5077 service pack, and lots of
black and red 1xN tiles as well as some other nifty parts.

I will be adding inventory to my BrickLink(tm) store
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=lar very soon.

As is now customary for Milton Train Works offering, I will set a price for
the units at the store, refund if I end up finalising for less, and honor
the lower price for preorders if I end up finalising for more.

My thinking is initial pricing will be somewhere in the 90-120 range.

I expect this will be a busy week for the Guild of Bricksmiths(tm), look for
at least one more exciting announcement from another Bricksmith, coming soon!

Larry Pieniazek
Bricksmith(tm), Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)
www.bricksmiths.com
www.miltontrainworks.com