 Marketplace / Auctions / 881
Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:35:21 GMT

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 06:18:42 GMT, Eric McCarthy <bendyarm@aol.com>
wrote:

But I didn't contact any bidders.  I posted another offer in an
open forum.  It is as if I had another auction for the same item.
People do that in Ebay all the time.

It might have been more politic to either change the subject, or edit
the "References:" header, or both. By posting to the same thread, you
_are_ effectively walking in on Steve, instead of being _completely_
separate. Note that I don't think you're in the wrong, I might have
done the same myself - but I think it would have generated a lot less
flamebait ;)

Jasper "Flame, dammit, not Falme!" Janssen