 Marketplace / Auctions / 845
Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 03:32:55 GMT

Eric McCarthy <eric@reasoning.com> wrote:
Hello Lugnet auction participants:

As you might have noticed, I took the liberty of responding to
this Lugnet auction thread with an offer to sell at a lesser price.
(The thread was "Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge")
I knew this might annoy the auctioneer, but I didn't think
it was unethical or discourteous, just competitive.
What do you all think?

I agree with you.

My current position is that there are multiple sellers and buyers
in Lugnet, that all threads are available to all, and that
artificially keeping the price high for one seller by waiting
for the auction to finish is worse for the community than
is bringing out the set when the price exceeds my sell price.

You're in the right.

However, I am willing to change my opinion if there
is a consensus here that what I have done is unethical.

If I were you I wouldn't be willing to change my opinion no matter
what anyone else says, but you've obviously gotten the support of the
majority of the people who have responded to this thread so far, so
you don't really have to worry about it.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide