 Marketplace / Auctions / 8373
Re: Does this sound familiar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 02:34:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, John Porter writes:
Hi all,

While surfing ebay this morning, I came across the following listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1605206973

Seller location: Austria
Auction Currency: Aussie $

Does this sound familiar?  About 3 months ago, there was a German seller
selling off some yummy train items - look at
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=4875

Yes I remember this auction occurring. At the time I think the speculation
was that the listing was in Australian dollars because eBay Australia was
offering free listings?

The question this time is, was it a simple mistake of Austria vs Australia?
Or is there a deliberate ploy/scam involved here?

I was unlucky enough to be the winning bidder with some of those items, I
sent off the payment and didn't recieve the lego :( I know that the payment
was recieved, because I paid the extra $2 for the delivery confirmation
card.  Another bidder contacted me with the same problem - non delivery
after payment.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've cross posted and followed this topic up
into the market newsgroups to perhaps shed some light on this incident.

The shipping cost is listed at $20. This is the same as the prior auctions

Seller feedback 0.  Same as prior auctions.

Only payment type accepted: Cash.  Same as prior auctions.

Something a bit sus?

Have a good ponder,

John (who is not touching this auction with a 40 foot barge pole)

Rightly so.

Santosh