 Marketplace / Auctions / 8376
Re: Does this sound familiar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 05:00:14 GMT

Yes I remember this auction occurring. At the time I think the speculation
was that the listing was in Australian dollars because eBay Australia was
offering free listings?

Well, as it happens, I recall getting an email recently from ebay Australia
announcing another free listing day. However, as I wasn't interested in
selling, I deleted it. So it does seem that these strange listings do occur
around the free-listing days.

I was unlucky enough to be the winning bidder with some of those items, I
sent off the payment and didn't recieve the lego :( I know that the • payment
was recieved, because I paid the extra $2 for the delivery confirmation
card.  Another bidder contacted me with the same problem - non delivery
after payment.

Tell me, did you try to claim the money back on e-bay's insurance scheme? If
so, did you have any joy with it? Did e-bay take any action against the
seller? E.g are they still registered on e-bay?

Kerry