 Marketplace / Auctions / 8301
    Re: Stupid LEGO E-Bay postings —John Radtke
   (...) On the one hand, I hear you and can sympathize in the same way most shopping AFOL's probably would. On the other, regardless of what we or TLG wants the word LEGO to mean, in common usage it is recognized as meaning 'any plastic interlocking (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Stupid LEGO E-Bay postings —Matthew Gerber
     Actually, I have great respect for those, and other, brand names who have had their uniqueness ground up and spit out by the tendency of language to apply brand identity in general terms. You see, I'm in advertising/publishing/design and am quite (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: Stupid LEGO E-Bay postings —Ronan Webb
   No, no,no Lego is lego and anyone who professes to be ignorant as to what is and what isn't Lego has been living under a rock (brick?) is a liar. BTW Have LEGO sets ever been advertised anywhere as megablock or what have you? Think on ... RW John (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.market.auction)