 Marketplace / Auctions / 8064
Re: A True LEGO rarity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:03:20 GMT

Howdy,

PCS used Atari equipment for years...I was a big fan of the ST!

Although we had developed our own interfaces for the Atari here at the
school, we
used the ROBOKIT! I thought it was ( and is ) a great interface. Some things
I liked about
it:

1) Could easily add artwork/digital pictures for customized interface
2) Excellent use of GUI and line-by-line environments. For Middle School
kids,
I would show them the GUI elements. Older kids would have to program
line-by-line.(If I recall correctly, it had both LOGO and BASIC built into
the
interface!)
3) LOTS of motor and sensor ports...and the card was built to be daisy
chained so that
in effect, you were limited only by the number of cards you had. Especially
handy for
projects with many sensors!

Thanks for the memories! The inventors of the Robokit also published an
excellent book
on robots in general, now sadly out of print.

Richard
rwright@pcsedu.com
www.weirdrichard.com

Thomas Main wrote:

This auction has what must be a truly rare LEGO item, a robotics
controller coard that plugs into an Atari ST computer:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/uk/auction/49841851

I actually have an Atari ST computer, so I would probably be one of the
few people who could use this...but I don't want to spend the dough.  I
did think it was of general interest though.  Especially to those of you
who want to be "complete" in a theme.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu