 Marketplace / Auctions / 7808
Re: A True LEGO rarity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:04:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main writes:
This auction has what must be a truly rare LEGO item, a robotics
controller coard that plugs into an Atari ST computer:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/uk/auction/49841851

I actually have an Atari ST computer, so I would probably be one of the
few people who could use this...but I don't want to spend the dough.  I
did think it was of general interest though.  Especially to those of you
who want to be "complete" in a theme.

In fact it's not a Lego set, but an Atari digital controller - I assume they
just used Lego in the manual because it's easy to build with 8?) I notice the
model in the photo is using an old 4.5V motor. They would probably have
required permission from TLC (probably TLG then) for the manual.

In fact you could use it for any project which requires digital control - as
they point out in the text.

ROSCO