 Marketplace / Auctions / 6740
Re: Never before sold. MTW 3001rw Custom Trolley Kit inaugural auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 05:23:34 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Tom Stangl writes:
Nice set!

Thanks.

I'm curious, though - why the grey 1x1 round in the simulated truck?

Preproduction model, the truck was ripped off something else

Fixed now. If you go look at the listing again you'll see the other truck is a
dummy (although there's no way to rejigger the picture caption itself so it
still says you only get one power truck. Duh. :-) ) It uses sith mines and is
the exact same length as the live power truck... although the axle spacing is
longer. Making the axle spacing right means that the bogie plate is offcenter
and that just won't do.

I also added the yellow tubing to the door sides on the LDraw version which
was the last detail to get right in the LDraw files. That tubing is hard to
work with in real life AND in LDraw. I had to go reread how Fredrik G told me
to do it the last time I had the problem.

OK all I have left to do now is generate the POVRay which I have to do on
another computer... this one isn't configed quite right.

I'm pleased with the response so far, hopefully Ali isn't scaring everyone
else away... :-) I put 3 units up on my BrickBay site for folks that don't
want to wait, priced at 180. Once the auction is over I'll reprice but if you
buy now you lock that price in even if the auction ends up a lot higher. (or
lower, fair warning) Think of it as a hedge or a futures play. :-)

++Lar