 Marketplace / Auctions / 6708
Re: Never before sold. MTW 3001rw Custom Trolley Kit inaugural auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:50:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I have listed the following lot on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=449243188

Well Lar I got you started.  This is a sweet model and I doubt very much that • I
will win it based on whay I think it will end up selling for.

Once again great model.

Thanks, Eric, I appreciate the compliment. I've started a thread over
in .trains if people want to discuss the model itself further.

Bidding on this baby is off to a good start, although I suspect it's nowhere
near what it will end up at. I said I wanted to see what it went for before I
set the price, but if people are itching to get a copy, let's talk offline,
I'm willing to discuss pricing with interested buyers. (It would need to
be "buyout" style pricing rather than "bargain" though)

I set the auction time to 10 days because I have a dirty little secret! More
on that over in .trains

One other note... the preproduction photos don't show the full complement of
figs that the first unit will ship with. Since it was a test sled I used just
enough figures to make sure things worked clearancewise.

I should say (proudly?), "No Timmys were killed during the development of this
set"... this despite the fact that we had a load of Timmys in it and Taya
spent a good 10 minutes determining the maximum speed at which you can go
around the curves without tipping over (it's not full speed, that's hard to
achieve in a model as tall as this, but it is a pretty good clip) which caused
a certain amount of, shall we say, "upset" to the riding population.
Fortunately this was on carpet so as not to scratch the model.

I told her that one tipover was enough, but she said she wanted to be SURE...
I couldn't deny her, she had been my Stepen Fetchit during the entire build run
(although she was working for pay, she was earning a rather large Belville set
I had planned to keep for myself).

++Lar