 Marketplace / Auctions / 5598
Re: FA: United Nations posters (set of 5)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:48:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Andreas Stabno writes:
Thanks for pointing out the link, Jeremy.  Eric McCarthy also found it a
couple of days ago as posted here:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=5549

I was surprised to hear that they might still be available as I received mine
quite some time ago.

Has anyone been able to confirm which ones are actually still available?  My
email to the UN has not yet been answered.

Worse, mine bounced.

When I bid on these I was not aware that reproduction versions were available
again. But even if I had known I would have bid anyway, as I want the
originals. And I won. What Andreas does with the money is his business. I never
attach strings to what other people do with money I freely offer after the
fact... but I certainly would expect that he has good provenance which he will
provide to me as I don't want stolen goods.

Despite that successful purchase of the originals, I see value in being able to
share the repros with local educational institutions, I sent a note (which
bounced) to the address on their page asking them about how I could go about
obtaining copies of the repros for educational use. I offered to pay whatever
was required to cover printing and shipping

Were I able to obtain those, since it says they are for teachers and educators,
they would be used in our school's cultural arts program of which my wife is a
co-chair. I would never resell posters I got for free. Especially not these.

Both my parents were refugees from vassal states of the Evil Empire and endured
the stigma of being refugees at a time when being a refugee wasn't all that
popular.

If anyone has better luck with the email, perhaps they would be so kind as to
drop an offline note to my lpieniazek@mercator.com address... I want to try to
contact UNHCR again.

++Lar