 Marketplace / Auctions / 5355
Re: Is there a problem with Italy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 13:26:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kela Akira Kitkowski writes:
I only ask is because a friend of mine was told by someone else to move his
payment by DHL or FedEx to someone in Italy. No offense or anything, just
needed some info.

My (now ex-) girlfriend lived in Italy for close to 9 months.  During that time
we sent letters back and forth avery 3-4 days (my, weren't we sweet).  In all
that time, we didn't lose a single letter.  *One* letter was severely delayed-
about 6 weeks!- but that's not so bad considering the volume.

I can also tell you that packages were handled similarly, although I will admit
to taking the rather paranoid precaution of being... ummm... a bit broadly
general about the contents of the boxes on the customs declaration.  I didn't
lie exactly, but I did try to choose the least-flattering description of the
contents possible.

eric