 Marketplace / Auctions / 5339
Re: Is there a problem with Italy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 02:03:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.auction, Kela Akira Kitkowski writes:
I won a Lego auction from a seller in Italy, and i've heard that Italy has the
worst Mail System in the world. Advice on sending payment?

I have sent payment to Italy, for at least six times, to three different
sellers, and so far so good. Their shipping fees to US seem to be higher than
from other European countries (such as Britain or Germany), though.

As usual, use the payment methods that can get you refund in case of lost,
such as money order and personal/cashier's check. You may want to use
registered mail ($6 more than regular mail) to increase the security.

Larry Pieniazek's invaluable Factoring Service also covers Italy. You should
choose to pay this way, if the seller agrees.
See <http://my.voyager.net/lar/factor_desc.html> for details.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang