 Marketplace / Auctions / 5317
Re: ebay ened an auction before it was time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:46:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
<shnip>
Of course, who knows what problems the Internet explorer cache might
introduce. Perhaps I did look at that item last week without remembering (I
honestly cant remember doing that though), and by some means it was pulling it
out of the cache.

I've run across this from time to time.  As far as I can tell, eBay will
continue to list a canceled or prematurely-closed auction until it's original
ending date goes by.  It *might* be a bug, but I suspect it is to discourage
frivoulous cancelations by making you look like a bozo for several days.
<tongue firmly in cheek>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.