 Marketplace / Auctions / 5314
Re: ebay ened an auction before it was time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:16:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I think the auction LW is referring to is one of mine, I had to end it early
as I had listed the same item twice by mistake. See :

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=293440674
&
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=293440684

I assume LW bookmarked it last week before I had cancelled it?

Scott A

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message
I was following an auction in ebay last night and several minutes before • it
ended I tried to place a bid.
However, ebay suddenly decided it had ended and was showing an end date of • 28-
march, even though it still had several minutes to run on 5-april.
Try as I might, I even rebooted my machine in case it was me, it • steadfastly
reported the auction as ended.
Other auctions by the same seller finishing at the same time either side • were
still OK (not that I looked at every one but I did bid on some of them and
won, so I dont think it was me)

Anyone else suffer a problem like this?
I was disappointed, but guess I might not get far asking ebay to re-run • it,
besides the fact that the seller/buyer may have already transacted.

regards
lawrence