 Marketplace / Auctions / 5312
5311  |  5313
Subject:
ebay ened an auction before it was time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:49:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I was following an auction in ebay last night and several minutes before it
ended I tried to place a bid.
However, ebay suddenly decided it had ended and was showing an end date of 28-
march, even though it still had several minutes to run on 5-april.
Try as I might, I even rebooted my machine in case it was me, it steadfastly
reported the auction as ended.
Other auctions by the same seller finishing at the same time either side were
still OK (not that I looked at every one but I did bid on some of them and
won, so I dont think it was me)

Anyone else suffer a problem like this?
I was disappointed, but guess I might not get far asking ebay to re-run it,
besides the fact that the seller/buyer may have already transacted.

regards
lawrence