 Marketplace / Auctions / 5239
Re: 5 years?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 00:54:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Todd Lehman writes:
I'm sitting here tonight divvying out another few batches of parts and it
just hit me out of the blue -- AucZILLA turned 5 years old a few weeks ago.
I stopped to take a deep breath.  Has it really been *five* years?!  Half a
decade?  Wow, yup.  And where did all my hair go?  :)

AucZILLA I (just called AucZILLA back then) was launched around the end of
January, 1995 (seems ancient! -- that was even back before Al Gore invented
the Internet :-) and there were a couple of smaller ones to test the waters
back in the late summer of 1994.  It's really a great feeling to think back
on some of the names from those early days and realize that so many of those
people are still active in the hobby today.  Also very grateful for the trust
and patience shown by people over the years...it's tough to imagine what it
must be like to be on the waiting end of one of these.  Well, anyway, I just
thought I'd share that.  My extra thanks go out to anyone reading this who
happened to participate in AucZILLA I back in 1995...your leap of faith was
(and still is) very much appreciated!

So who's still waiting for AucZILLA I shipment arrival? <grins, ducks and runs>
5 years isn't THAT long to wait for parts.

++Lar