 Marketplace / Auctions / 5088
Re: EBAY mislabeled auctions (aka ignorance can be cheap, or "...by any other name...")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:36:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Brian Sauls writes:
"Lego Space Police Set,lots of parts & People"
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=266853441

Is really:  one Space Police2 fig, no headgear; one Blacktron2 fig w/
helmet, visor, and incomplete vehicle (sorry, too jumbled of a pic for me to
tell which set (6851) maybe, and (I don't really want to mention this
because I want it, but...) part of an 8064 Motorized Universal set with long
red beams, motor (apparently), and battery box.  At least I think it's an
8064--I looked at every ##@$!#$! car, chassis, engine, truck, and motor set
on Pause and Technica until I found found one with the right color beams &
battery box*.

Brian,

Thanks for pointing me to this. I saw it initially on Ebay, you made me go
back and get it.

It just arrived, I think it has the 8064, but I'm not sure if it works. I
don't have a multimeter at work so I can't start troubleshooting it.

I can't identify the Space Police parts, since they came out in my Dark Ages.
There's a green hinged canopy like in 6813, a long green canopy like in 6897,
an third kind of green canopy, but not enough other parts. I think it's just a
mix of Space Police parts.

If it makes you feel better, you're welcome to come over and play with it.

George