 Marketplace / Auctions / 4621
4620  |  4622
Subject:
EBAY mislabeled auctions (aka ignorance can be cheap, or "...by any other name...")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:33:32 GMT

While perusing Ebay doing a search for "Lego Space" I came across these
misplaced items.  None of these have any bids as of this posting.

NOTE:  I have absolutely nothing to do with these auctions, except to point
out a couple of bargains to people who otherwise might not of seen them due
to a bit of ignorance (okay, lack of knowledge) on the seller's part.

"LEGO Built-Up "Space" Type Vehicle"
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=264599259

Is really an incomplete 6175 Crystal Explorer Sub (no figs that I could
determine).

Current bid:  $10
No. of bidders:  0
Ends:  2/26

"LEGO Built-Up "Space" Vehicles" (yes, another one)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=264599267

Is really an incomplete 6879 Blizzard Baron (with 1 fig, no helmet),
although it might be complete, but the satellite thingy looks different that
what Lugnet showed so I don't know.

Current bid:  $12
No. of bidders:  0
Ends:  2/26

"Lego Space Police Set,lots of parts & People"
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=266853441

Is really:  one Space Police2 fig, no headgear; one Blacktron2 fig w/
helmet, visor, and incomplete vehicle (sorry, too jumbled of a pic for me to
tell which set (6851) maybe, and (I don't really want to mention this
because I want it, but...) part of an 8064 Motorized Universal set with long
red beams, motor (apparently), and battery box.  At least I think it's an
8064--I looked at every ##@$!#$! car, chassis, engine, truck, and motor set
on Pause and Technica until I found found one with the right color beams &
battery box*.

Current bid:  9.99
No. of bidders:  0
Ends:  2/26

For anybody who is interested in bidding on these, you may thank Scrooge,
er, my loverly, loverly wife who will not let me have any more money until
payday.  <g>

Good hunting,

Brian (bbq) Sauls
(*I found it on Technica--