 Marketplace / Auctions / 4623
Re: EBAY mislabeled auctions (aka ignorance can be cheap, or "...by any other name...")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:39:58 GMT

Brian,

Brian Sauls wrote:

While perusing Ebay doing a search for "Lego Space" I came across these
misplaced items.  None of these have any bids as of this posting.

NOTE:  I have absolutely nothing to do with these auctions, except to point
out a couple of bargains to people who otherwise might not of seen them due
to a bit of ignorance (okay, lack of knowledge) on the seller's part.

"LEGO Built-Up "Space" Type Vehicle"
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=264599259

Is really an incomplete 6175 Crystal Explorer Sub (no figs that I could
determine).

Hmmm.. I think it would have been better labeled Aquazone, but the
seller probably doesn't know what it is.

"LEGO Built-Up "Space" Vehicles" (yes, another one)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=264599267

Is really an incomplete 6879 Blizzard Baron (with 1 fig, no helmet),
although it might be complete, but the satellite thingy looks different that
what Lugnet showed so I don't know.

Well, last time I checked, Ice Planet 2002 was a Space theme.

I think most E-Bay sellers don't know too much about the LEGO items that
they sell. SO, always be informed and beware! (Unless you are bidding on
items that I sell, for I have been in the LEGO arena for 20+ years now!)
: )

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com