 Marketplace / Auctions / 490
Re: Lego Mindstorms RIS for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:21:14 GMT

Jasper Janssen writes:
On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:31:25 GMT, "DJA" <dastolfo@globalserver.net>
wrote:

Well, i'm in europe. I got one in a  trade, which is in the mail right
now. :) So, well, maybe my horizons are too broad? I didn't really
think of countries where it was available, besides the US. :)

Judging from my experiences here and on RTL, many buyers got their set for
$199 +S&H +taxes...  Have not heard of any on sale...

I've heard of a sale in canada. went for about $200 canadian, IIRC. I
might not recall correctly, tho.

It's possible, but unlikely.  The only major retailer(1) carrying it in Canada
is TRU, and it seems very unlikely that they had a 1/3 off sale on something
that new, when they classify it as 'electronics' rather than 'toy'

1: and from the Sears catalogue, but that's even less likely to be on sale.