 Marketplace / Auctions / 424
Re: Lego Mindstorms RIS for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:31:25 GMT

Jasper Janssen writes:
They're $200 list, and less if you get them at a sale, which seem to
happen often in the US.... Why this?

Jasper

Ahh yes Jasper, but broaden your horizons a little.  This item is not only for
sale in the US, it is available to anyone who wants to buy it.  For example,
the set currently retails for $299 + taxes up here in Canada.  That is $345.
Now the way I see it, if someone can get this set for $320 here in Canada, and
pay roughly $20 to have it shipped to their front door, they have still saved
$5 (keeping in mind that the $345 does not include gas and troubles in trying
to find it).  Believe it or not, the RIS is getting harder to come by in the
Greater Toronto area.  (I may stand to be corrected)

Judging from my experiences here and on RTL, many buyers got their set for
$199 +S&H +taxes...  Have not heard of any on sale...

Dave