 Marketplace / Auctions / 4895
Re: ebay auction and 12 years boy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 06:55:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'm not sure what opertae means but it seems clear from context.

Hmm... I thought eBay was trying to take steps to prevent that. Recent
new members have to supply a credit card, which of course could be
nicked from daddy's wallet long enough to copy down the numbers. There's
no perfect way of determining age yet.

I dunno about that but the first thing that screams at you, written in huge
print on the 'become a member' page is that you must be 18 or older to join.

Personally I took this seriously (ie, didn't join ;) but obviously not all
people (um, kids?) did.

-Shiri

I think you have a case against the parents of this child for your
listing fees, at least, although collecting on such a tiny sum may be
tough.

Have you asked eBay for a listing fee rebate? What did they do?

marco berti wrote:

Hi

I just had a problem with an auction I held on ebay and won by a 12 years • boy
that logically can not honour his bid!

No, I do not want to be paid by him but I want to be sure this will not • happen
in future

So this want to be an appeal to the parents to control the opertae of their
kids

Marco

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar