 Marketplace / Auctions / 4489
Re: OH! THOSE STICKERS !!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:59:53 GMT

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 05:15:09 GMT, "Kurt Williams" <oblagon@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Well, the stickers will be soon more valuable than the
set MIB. Lokk at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=253948521
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=253949412

I'm not surprised... seems that as far as trains go.. the airport monorail and
everything associated with it [stickers] can fetch really high prices.

Which leads me to think.. I have a buddy at a company which does up
promotional material for various companys from Beer companys and sports teams.
Shirts, Jackets, Stickers, buttons... I imagine if he saw the profit made from
the sticker sheet he could duplicate them and blow them out on ebay provided
he got the right stock and film for printing. Scary stuff.

Kurt

Of course that would be as illegal as someone copying a music CD to a CDR and
selling it for profit, or someone selling color copies of LEGO instructions.

These auctions make me think I should haul out my sticker collection (I've used
stickers on less than 1% of the sets I have) and start selling them.  Although
I'd probably have to keep my train stickers just so I can justify my saying
I'm 9V complete.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |