 Marketplace / Auctions / 4493
re: STICKERS! + Old Shell Gas Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Robert Farver writes:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 05:15:09 GMT, "Kurt Williams" <oblagon@hotmail.com> wrote:

Of course that would be as illegal as someone copying a music CD to a CDR and
selling it for profit, or someone selling color copies of LEGO instructions.

No doubt.. but that hasn't stopped people before. Its crazy to see them go
that high. Lego can make a "Ultimate" sticker reprint book.. blow it out for
sale for 12-14$ each as a Service Pack and make a tiny fortune.. no bricks at
all =).

These auctions make me think I should haul out my sticker collection (I've
stickers on less than 1% of the sets I have) and start selling them.  Although
I'd probably have to keep my train stickers just so I can justify my saying
I'm 9V complete.

I just gotten back into lego and haven't used any stickers on anything. I'd
rather see the elements themselves with printing on them. I got the Red Fury
Model Team 5533. I didn't like the idea of having large stickers going across
multiple different elements.. it defeats the purpose of lego. So I got sticker
sheets of all sorts of sets [nothing old yet I'm afraid.] still intact.

Which reminds me... Anyone Recall a Shell Service Station Town Set from the
early 80/late 70's in Canada?

it was the second Town set I ever got as a child. It had 2 1x8 bricks with
shell printed [not a sticker] on the side. Plus 2 1x2 with the shell logo
printed on it. Plus 2 gas pumps [2x 1x2 hinge with a sticker on it] 2 Minifigs
[one male one female] with a shell sticker on the torso [I think]. The thing
that reminded me of this set is the big honkin' shell logo that came with it.

It was made of 2 1x8's stacked together and shell is stuck on both sides.

When i visit my parents this fall I'll probably go and dig out all the old
elements for it.

Regards,

Kurt