 Marketplace / Auctions / 4345
Re: Should I have left Neg Feedback?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 09:01:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Jeffrey Baldwin writes:
Hi all. I have sold and bought alot of Legos on Ebay and this is the first
time I left Neg Feedback. Link may not work.

<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll? • ViewItem&item=211145338/></A>

Well if that link works you will see  I won an auction for Model Team 5581
The ad said "The set & catalogue are in good, mint conditions."
The set was missing 10pcs, most of the stickers where gone and the ones that
where still there are in bad shape. The window will not stay in the door. It
looks like some one forced in it wrong and misshaped the window opening. The
wheels are yellowing. And lastly the instructions were very worn and where
shiped rolled up like a news paper.
When I  contacted the seller ,who is in another country, he said if I would
scan the missing parts he would send them to me. and would try to get new
instructions. I felt this was to little to late for a mint set.
What do you all think.

I think you have done the right thing.  However if you really care about your
own feedback and want it to stay stainless, you probably shouldn't.  That is
because some people will get pissed when you leave them negative feedback and
in turn leave you negative feeback just because you did it to them.
As an example, check out this guy's profile:
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=66350
He has 17 negatives.  What's interesting is that for every negative someone
left him, he left them a negative.  You can see that by clicking on the
feedback of users that left him negatives.  This is an example what he left
after somebody left him a negative.  Quote:
"Complaint: fast and loose with negative feedback. Newbie flake. Loser!"
He never paid for his stuff in my auction and at first I was having second
thoughts about leaving him any kind of feedback.  But then I decided that a
negative is exactly what he deserves and wanted to leave him one, but he was
no longer registered.