 Marketplace / Auctions / 4332
Re: Is S@H the best place to get an infusion of Gray Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 22:31:57 GMT

I don't know if this is still valid, but you might try asking S@H for #5145,
if they are still selling it.  Contains 1 2x10, 1 2x8, 14 2x4, 8 2x3, 12
2x2, 2 1x8, 4 1x6, 4 1x4, 4 1x3, 8 1x2, and 4 1x1 bricks, all in gray.

--
William A. Swanberg
CPT, SC

"Peter Callaway" <pcallaway@bmcl.com.au> wrote in message
There appear to be two Shop at Home services. One for the US and one for
Canada. They do not do international shipping, however a number of
people are willing to place orders for people not in those countries, in
exchange for willingness to pick up things not available in the US, or
just general friendliness.

The general friendliness thing is fantastic, and I may take advantage of • it. I
could only offer the cash renumeration as I doubt there is anything in
Australia that you couldn't get in the US or Europe, and alot sooner too.

Another option for increasing brick counts of specific colors are
auctions. I have bought green and grey brick lots from eBay for less
than USD 0.10 per brick.

Most of the auctions are in the US, so payment and shipping would be using • the
"general friendliness" credit card again. ;-)

If you don't care about color, bet way to get lots of bricks is the
brick only tubs, buckets, and boxes (I'm not sure if the boxes are
non-US only - I saw them in the Swedish catalog). Next best after that
is Freestyle and the new Classic sets.

We don't have many of the large tubs here (why not is one of lifes great
mysteries) so I'll have to rely on kits, ot getting stuff in the US. Since
Lego NZ have sent their stuff over to Australia there might be some
interesting pieces there. I think I might pay them a visit.

Peter Callaway