 Service / 4
Re: Is S@H the best place to get an infusion of Gray Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.service
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:32:45 GMT

In lugnet.service, Eric Kingsley writes:
I have been trying to increase my Gray Brick count for a while now and while I
have had a little luck is a couple of auctions I just have not been able to
increase my Gray Brick count very quickly.

I have been considering buying a bunch of the Gray Brick Service packs.  I
wouldn't buy any other Brick Packs because as long as I can still find buckets
that is the most cost effective way to go but unfortunately Gray is not found
in buckets.

Anyway I guess my question is, is there a more cost effective way to buy Gray
Bricks or are the service packs the way to go?

Definately service packs.

I've picked up ~200 of them over the last year, and have used all but a few
hundred (maybe as many as a thousand - hard to say)

another good source is (predicatably enough) various castle sets.  These are
good for the parts that you don't find in the SP (1x10, 2x6, 1x12, etc)

I will bid on grey bricks in auctions, but they almost always shoot out of my
price range.  I can get them in the SP for ~$0.11 CAD (~$0.08 USD) and I will
bid up to about $0.12 USD just to skew my ratios a bit (2x4, 1x4, and 1x6 get
used a lot around here!)

I frequently see them going for $0.25+ though, and on occaision, even more
absurd prices.  But I found out something recently which partly explains that:
5145 isn't sold in Europe!!?  I just don't get that.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/