 Marketplace / Auctions / 4245
  Re: Questionable eBay auction

(...) Is this a common practise in the States? It seems like a blatant example of shafting the customer, to me. I can see a fee for MO's not in US funds, or for MO's not drawn against a US bank, but a US money order drawn on a US bank should be (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Questionable eBay auction

(...) for (...) James, near as I can tell, it *is* common practise. I don't know all the fancy terms for it, but the banking system in the USA is very different from here in Canada. In Canada we have the major banks (what, 5?), which are quite (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Questionable eBay auction

I think I read John's post too fast. If John is talking about a US money order drawn on a US branch of a US bank, I agree with you, it's blatant and there is no reason for it. The seller may be confused or shady. However all the other examples you (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3894379C.B58A17EE@v...er.net>... (...) Postage paid deposit mailers is one of the reasons I stuck with my small town bank so long. Unfortunately, they got sucked up by a bigger bank (though we didn't really notice (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)