 Marketplace / Auctions / 3896
Re: Monorail: 6399 @$150 (Most Going 2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:19:12 GMT

It is sad what has been happening to the Auction situation,
unless you are a big Ebay fan.

There's Ebay, AucZilla, and MA.  Mostly the independent auctions
are getting relatively bad results as are the Serious Collector
and bricks@guarded-inn.

I posted a 8k piece parts auction last week and got *NO* bids.
http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=3804
You might say this is due to clearance sales, Lego direct, or
whatnot, but the fact is that items in AucZilla were still getting
bids of up to ten times my starting bids when I made the
announcement.

Bill Katz wrote:

OK, Most lots are now going 2, at bargain prices.  This is starting to
make ebay look like a good place to sell:(
These sets will be sold tomorrow if no further bids come in. • ...
I can't believe it, I just looked up 6347s on ebay, and they've sold
for over $100!