 Marketplace / Auctions / 3895
3894  |  3896
Subject:
Auction Cancelled -- do we love Ebay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:18:18 GMT

I have cancelled or postponed this auction due to
lack of interest.  I got *no* bids.  I guess I will
probably be going to Ebay, but I welcome alternative
suggestions.

You might say this is due to clearance sales, Lego direct, or
whatnot, but the fact is that items in AucZilla were still
getting bids of up to ten times my starting bids when I made
the announcement.

I suppose it might be unproductive to hold a discussion
of where we want Lugnet parts sales and auctions to go
in the future, until we find out what Lego direct will
offer.  However, I doubt we will see Lego direct selling
2x2 slopes for $0.02 each as Doyle suggested.  And I am
hoping Ebay is not the long-range answer...

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Greetings!

As many of you know, the smaller parts auctions
that are not on Ebay can contain some excellent
bargains.

This auction, which I am calling QA1, has approximately
8,000 bricks in about 100 lots, most with low starting bids.
..