 Marketplace / Auctions / 354
Re: Lego(R) Brick Auction Announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:54:40 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Robert Fries <rpfries@interaccess.com> wrote:
8,850 Lego(R) bricks have been put up for auction in 50-brick lots.
You can find these items at Yahoo's new free auction site:
http://auctions.yahoo.com/bin/user?rpfries&link

Cool, glad to see more people taking advantage of this.  I'm still
trying to decide between the convenience of running my stuff on Yahoo
or the simplicity of doing it via a webpage as a straight sale like I
am right now ...

Well, here's my $0.02 about the Yahoo auction ...

* It was *very* time consuming putting the items up there.  As you can see by
the "Auction Start" times, it took over an hour to get approx. 35 items up
there.

* The feature to upload your pictures to their server is nice, but when you
have as many pictures as I did, it again was time consuming.  I would have
liked to see a wildcard feature, so I could have done *.jpg and been done with
it.

* I haven't found a way to change the bid increment ... this is fine for what
I'm auctioning, but if I was putting up a $30 set, it would probably make more
sense to increment in $1 steps than the $0.10 that it defaults to.

The reason that I chose Yahoo is twofold:

1. I have been writing my own auction system as a "spare-time priject."  The
problem is that around Christmas, there is not a lot of spare time.

2. It was completely free ... if I don't sell anything, I don't owe anyone any
$ for it.