 Marketplace / Auctions / 3077
  there ARE good deals on eBay

Well, for those who feel there are no good deals to be found on eBay (myself included) check this out: (URL) for $13. I bookmarked that, thinking, "well, the price will probably go higher than I want to pay but just in case I need to check on it (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: there ARE good deals on eBay

I have an old snipe program called Robo-Bid. It no longer works for sniping, since I never got the update (updates weren't free and weren't worth the price). However, it is convenient for tracking auctions. It runs silently, and when an auction is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: there ARE good deals on eBay

(...) and see what happens. As Larry calls it, "fire and forget". (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: there ARE good deals on eBay

(...) You're right of course - partially. Part of the reason I don't bid initially on things is because I'm impulsive and I try to control it. I normally run things by my wife before I do them, whether it's buying a DVD, printer, what have you, or (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: there ARE good deals on eBay

I can't take credit for that phrase, it was J Aldritch who I first heard use it... he's not around much any more, anybody had contact with him lately? (...) Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (URL) - - Web Application Integration! (URL) Lugnet(tm): (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  (canceled)

  Re: there ARE good deals on eBay

(...) Yeah I agree with you totally on the last point. I was bidding on a Metroliner set, and in the last 5 minutes the price increased by close to $100! Bryan (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  (canceled)