 Marketplace / Auctions / 3080
Re: there ARE good deals on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 01:58:54 GMT

Paul Foster <pfoster@execpc.com> wrote:
I guess I don't understand.  Why not just place a $20 bid in the first place
and see what happens.  As Larry calls it, "fire and forget".

You're right of course - partially.  Part of the reason I don't bid
initially on things is because I'm impulsive and I try to control
it.  I normally run things by my wife before I do them, whether it's
buying a DVD, printer, what have you, or bidding on an auction.
Since I don't sleep much I normally find things I want at odd hours
of the night and bookmark them, then ask her about them later.
Forgot to ask this time as well as forgetting to check back on the
bookmark.

And yes, some call this getting permission and laugh.  Mainly guys
who aren't married.  :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/