 Marketplace / Auctions / 224
Re: Auction concerns...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 02:30:58 GMT

"Pawel" <orpawel@aol.com> asked

1)  The length of the Auction - should the end date be stated beforehand,
or
should there be just some date out there which isn't set?

I prefer open ended auctions or direct sales.  I can't always be around to
place final bids on items when there is a hard ending time.

3)  My messups - as much as I try to limit them, if I do mess up for
whatever
reason, how should this be handled?

Either contact all the bidders involved privately and explain the
situation, or post a general message in the next auction update.  In either
case, allow the bidders to retract their bids.

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net