 Marketplace / Auctions / 22
Re: FS/T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:04:09 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Yes, since you are using an alias/pseudonym ("The Undead").
(also posted to each group), specifically point #4 in the second list of
points...  I guess it wasn't clear about the last name bit -- technically
you're not hiding your name because you sign "Scott" at the bottom of your
messages, but the "spirit" behind the point was to make sure the community
knows everyone's real name (first, last).

--Todd

Gotcha.. Sorry, I generally pull a Homer Simpson <eyes glazing over> when it
comes to legal speak. I've got absolutely no problems with using my real name
on sigs and things, it would be a pain to have to go and change my "alias" all
the time though. I'm known as "The Undead" on quite a few more newsgroups,
mailing lists, etc.. heck, I've got friends who don't know me by any other
name than "The Undead"...

I've got no qualms about having a master list or whatever that automatically
adds fields to the headers that give my real name, I think that might be a
better way to go than having us all have a hard copy of it and constantly
checking it.. Might it not be better to check the list against their email
address instead of the alias they're currently using? I know people sometimes
like to change their alias like their clothing...

--
Scott J
sjava@execpc.com