 Marketplace / Auctions / 10
Re: FS/T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 06:30:26 GMT

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 02:59:50 GMT, The Undead <sjava@execpc.com> wrote:

All right, I'll be the first to offer up something for sale....

(1) 2x2 red brick    .10

Buyer pays shipping and handling from Milwaukee, Wi.

The shipping on this is going to be a killer.

Though I wonder... what's the protocol on offering stuff for
sale/trade since we have a limited number of people here?

Before, Larry cross-posted the beginning of his auction announcement
here as well as rtl (good thing. I would not have seen it elsewise)
But an auction here alone is going to be one only a very limited body
can participate in until Todd throws things open.

OTOH, I guess that it is to a auctioneer's benefit to hold their
auction for the most people possible. So if an auctioneer wants to
belay the widest audience possible, who should tell them that they can
not?

Just a thought.

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com