 Marketplace / Auctions / 156
Re: Reverse Auction for Halloween Buckets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:09:25 GMT

"Scott" <materiel@halcyon.com> writes:

I have not seen an update to your 'reverse' auction.  Are you still looking
to get the pieces, did you already get them?

Yeah, still looking to get the pieces -- haven't had many offers yet.
Here's a summary of offers/bids:

Hard offers:

1.  Scott Smallbeck

    (current favorite)  20 orange Halloween buckets, including shipping
    and local sales tax, for US$256.00.

Soft offers:

2.  Tom Stangl

    Approximately 20 orange Halloween buckets for $200, plus shipping and
    sales tax.  (Tom, did you say sales tax was 8.25% where you live?)

3.  Michael Ulring

    n orange Halloween buckets at cost, plus shipping and sales tax.
    (n unknown)

Feel free to post counter-bids right here as follow-ups if you like...that
will shorten the overall turnaround time.

The winning bid will be the one which commits 20 or more buckets at the
lowest per-bucket price, including shipping and local sales tax.  (Again,
you keep the buckets.)

I'd like to finish this up and send out money as soon as possible and not
after Friday this week.  (Friday == 23 Oct 1998)

--Todd

p.s.  After Halloween, I may want to buy more and run another reverse
auction (assuming the buckets aren't all sold-out across the country).
It would make more sense then, actually, because there would be a much
greater potential for people to make a profit for themselves since the
buckets would probably be on sale.