 Marketplace / Auctions / 1507
1506  |  1508
Subject:
Announcing Elements 2000 - a Parts Auction for Your Elemental Needs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 03:34:25 GMT

Announcing.....

-----------------------====<<<<<< E2K >>>>>>====-----------------------
-------------------------<<<<             >>>>-------------------------
----------------=======<<<<  ELEMENTS 2000  >>>>=======----------------
-------------------------<<<<             >>>>-------------------------
-----------------------====<<<<<< E2K >>>>>>====-----------------------

Mike Ulring and Mike Huffman are going to be starting a Lego parts
auction consisting of over 23K new pieces.  We are using an auctionbot
that has been used in previous auctions run by Steve Demlow (PartsPlus)
and Matthew Brown (MA9 and MA10).  It uses email bidding and has text
based lists of parts that are updates on webpages daily.  Participants
will also receive periodic email updates to track the elements they are
interested in.  To receive a set of parts list via email simply send a
message to e2k@hcgl.eng.ohio-state.edu with the subject "sendlists"
(no quotes).

One major item of interest is the new search feature that has been
included on the web pages of our auction.  It allows bidders to search
all the lists for combinations of colors, key words, sizes, etc.  This
helps reduce the time you spend looking through the multitude of parts
just to find the 2 parts you need to complete that project.  It can also
help locate a part that may be placed in a file that you didn't look
through.

The two Mikes are committed to making this auction a success and we know
that an important part of doing that is a quick turn around time and
timely delivery of your parts after the auction ends.  All the parts are
presorted and once the auction ends we will be working hard to divvy out
winnings into the baggies so that we can send them as soon as payment has
been received and, if necessary, clears the bank.

Some Highlights:
     - Over 3600 Basic rectangular plates in various colors and sizes.

     - Parts from over 500 Minifigs.

     - Over 2600 Technic-related elements (beams, axles, plates, etc.)

     - More than 1100 Tiles and Modified Tiles.

     - Castle walls and Log Walls.

     - More than 200 Thin Wall pieces.

     - Many more popular pieces that you can never have enough of!

     - And of course some basic bricks.

Other important info:
     - We plan to start the auction sometime later this week
          (week of May 3rd).

     - The auction will tentatively run for two or three weeks before
          advancing begins.

     - Advancing will be every 48 hours for the first few days, then switch
          to every 24 hours.

     - Official auction instructions, rules, and information can be found on
          the web page.

* Visit the auction page to preview the lists, it is located at:
http://hcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu/~huffman/parts/

* You will be able to submit bids through email to: e2k@hcgl.eng.ohio-state.edu

We hope you all consider participating and helping make this auction a success.
Please feel free to email either of us with any questions you may have.

Mike Ulring and Mike Huffman of Columbus, Ohio
ulringmc@columbus.rr.com
mhuffman@mindspring.com