 Marketplace / Auctions / 1538
1537  |  1539
Subject:
Elements 2000 - Now Accepting Bids!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 13:44:33 GMT

          E  L  E  M  E  N  T  S      2  0  0  0

W E ' R E   U P !:
------------------
We are now ready to accept your bids.  Our tweaking is done,
our lists are updated.  We're ready to roll!  Point your
browser to http://hcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu/~huffman/parts/
and check out all the new parts at low opening prices that
we have to offer.

W H A T :
---------
Mike Ulring and Mike Huffman are going to be starting a
Lego parts auction consisting of over 23K new pieces.  We
are using an auctionbot that has been used in previous
auctions run by Steve Demlow (PartsPlus) and Matthew Brown
(MA9 and MA10).  It uses email bidding and has text based
lists of parts that are updates on webpages daily.
Participants will also receive periodic email updates to
track the elements they are interested in.  To receive a
set of parts list via email simply send a message to
e2k@hcgl.eng.ohio-state.edu with the subject "sendlists"
(one word, no quotes).

One major item of interest is the new search feature that
has been included on the web pages of our auction.  It
allows bidders to search all the lists for combinations of
colors, key words, sizes, etc.  This helps reduce the time
you spend looking through the multitude of parts just to
find the 2 parts you need to complete that project.  It can
also help locate a part that may be placed in a file that
you didn't look through.

The two Mikes are committed to making this auction a
success and we know that an important part of doing that
is a quick turn around time and timely delivery of your
parts after the auction ends.  All the parts are presorted
and once the auction ends we will be working hard to divvy
out winnings into the baggies so that we can send them as
soon as payment has been received and, if necessary, clears
the bank.

S O M E   H I G H L I G H T S:
------------------------------
   - Over 3600 Basic rectangular plates in various colors
     and sizes.
   - Parts from over 500 Minifigs.
   - Over 2600 Technic-related elements (beams, axles,
     plates, etc.)
   - More than 1100 Tiles and Modified Tiles.
   - Castle walls and Log Walls.
   - More than 200 Thin Wall pieces.
   - Many more popular pieces that you can never have
     enough of!
   - And of course some basic bricks.

O T H E R   I M P O R T A N T   I N F O:
   - We plan to start the auction sometime later this week
     (week of May 3rd).
   - The auction will tentatively run for two or three
     weeks before advancing begins.
   - Advancing will be every 48 hours for the first few
     days, then switch to every 24 hours.
   - Official auction instructions, rules, and information
     can be found on the web page.

* Visit the auction page to preview the lists, it is
   located at:

       http://hcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu/~huffman/parts/

* You will be able to submit bids through email to:

       e2k@hcgl.eng.ohio-state.edu

We hope you all consider participating and helping make
this auction a success.  Please feel free to email either
of us with any questions you may have.

Mike Ulring and Mike Huffman of Columbus, Ohio
ulringmc@columbus.rr.com
mhuffman@mindspring.com