 Marketplace / Auctions / 10458
  Re: Nothing like speculators

(...) I have seen it sell for $150 two different times, and over $100 more than a few times. Crazy? Yup. But Lego/TRU only gave 6 of them to each TRU... and thats IF the TRU got it (here in San Diego there was only 2 stores that got them at all). (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Nothing like speculators

(...) LOL - Yeah, it's insane. But the tub was an awesome deal at $20, and I can see people willing to pay to get those parts. You'd pay closer to $100 to buy each individual set that included those pieces. I was lucky enough to get 2 when they were (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Nothing like speculators

(...) Well I got 4, 3 of which are still unopened. I was thinking about selling 1 or 2 but if I did I wouldn't even consider setting the price $165 or even $100. People who set prices like this are greedy plain and simple. -Orion (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Nothing like speculators

(...) It's what they are willing to pay but are they completely informed? If this seller had it listed for $80 with a message that the tub's contents had a Bricklink value of $100 then I'd be OK with the price. -Orion (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Nothing like speculators

I tried to talk some kid into spending his $20 on this tub. He was intrigued, and his dad said it looked like a great deal, but in the end he wanted a Makuta that day. (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Nothing like speculators

(...) I am sure anybody willing to pay that much for it knows exaclty what it is - and I think it would be safe to say that they are Bionicle freaks. Plus nobody is forcing them to buy it, they are doing so at their own free will. As far as stating (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.auction)