 Marketplace / Auctions / *1343 (-5)
  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) Why not lugnet.market.discuss? (or STB lugnet.market.disc? Use appropriate abbreviation here) The topic du jour may be auction philosophies and the best rules to build an auction around, but there are other discussion-type topics which could (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... :>Therein lies what I beleive to be the ugliness of timed :> auctions - they discourage bidders from revealing information (how they :> value a given lot) until as late as possible. : :Amen to that! : : :> Don't get (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

Tom Stangl wrote in message <371FAADA.E4CD7369@n...pe.com>... :Messages also help when a bidder is trying to bid on ALL lots of a piece, you only :want ONE, and after the bids get ridiculously high, you find out it's because he :needs "all the lots (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: ng for auction technologies/theory?

(...) I agree that .theory is too narrow. What about market.techniques? To me that would seem to encompass the theory aspect to a certain extent as well as the use of technology. Anyone can discuss tips on what/where/how/when to buy/sell. I had (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) I think what ultimately hurts an auction site (or any site, for that matter) is not giving people the features they want. How many IRL auctions have you -ever- heard of that -didn't- allow large bid jumps? The kind of jumps that cause the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact