 Marketplace / Appraisal / 9
    Re: How to get appraisals? —Jennifer L. Boger
   Dan and I are working on a rather large project that may be able to assist. We take and analyse data from ebay, by "complete" sets (no box, no instructions are ok, as long as they're not missing any pieces) that are in the US (or canada, or APO/FPO) (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: How to get appraisals? —Eric Joslin
     (...) Wow, that sounds really cool! If I can make a suggestion... if the results could also spit out a graph of value vs time (ie, show when it sold for how much) for all data points, that would be incredibly useful. I bet you'd see definite cycles, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

         Re: How to get appraisals? —Dan Boger
     (...) yah, we plan to make it graph like that... as well as an all-time-low and an all-time-high... averages, StDev etc... Users will be able to put in a list of sets (that they have, or see in an auction) and it'll help them figure out what the lot (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: How to get appraisals? —Damien Nesbit
     (...) Where would we be able to do so? Is this something that you'd try to provide through LUGNET, or would it be an independent venture? It does sound like a worthwhile effort, especially if it does include some kind of graph like eric joslin (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

         Re: How to get appraisals? —Dan Boger
     (...) Not on LUGNET, it's something we've been working on for a few months now, on and off... I think when I get the next release out, we'll be able to show it to the community :) Right now, it's still too manual, and takes too much time to upkeep (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: How to get appraisals? —Steve Bliss
   (...) Are you discounting the instructions and boxes (and other materials) entirely? Or are you flagging the presence/absence of these extras? I would expect that in high-price-tag cases, completeness and condition of the lot would play a large role (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: How to get appraisals? —Jennifer L. Boger
   (...) discounting them entirely for right now... it's a lot of data to deal with as it is, it'd be hard to deal with only MIB or MISB or such... I try to make sure all the pieces are there and that the stickers are there, and no, i probably wouldn't (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)