 Marketplace / Appraisal / 561
Re: Olde Castle Visors!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  (snipped .castle, XFUT->.market.appraisal which thrives on this sort of
  thing ;) )

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
Hey, Castle heads! What's up?

I recently got my hands on a very rare find, t a garage sale
and I was wondering how much this would be worth.
These are some visors from the 6075 yellow castle.

One Black Classic Castle Visor w red helmet.
One Red Classic Castle Visor w grey helmet.

Could anyone give me a definte value on these?

  I've rarely seen them for less than $5-$6 apiece.  But there's no real
  "definite" value, because their condition varies so widely.  They were
  soft and easy to damage, so a lot of them are really screwed up badly.

  All I've seen recently is $25 for the whole fig, around c8/9.  But if
  you have several, in excellent condition, you could probably get $6 a
  pop or more.  I wouldn't eBay these, because getting a good return would
  mean having two motivated Castle aficionados looking at the same time.
  Not unheard of, but I *did* see a big pack of vintage Castle figs go
  for a song not too long ago.

  Maybe others here have had differing experiences?  I'd suggest trying
  BrickLink, if you don't already have a store there.  The bounty Dan
  charges is really well worth it.  :)

  best

  LFB

About a month ago I stumbled upon a BrickLink shop with multiples of these
visors in various colors all listed at $10 each.  That was more than I could
stomach for a part with such limited usefulness, so I did not buy any.  I do
not recall which shop but it was a seller in Germany or Denmark, I believe.

I am against telling you how much something is worth, but I can say that it
would probably not be unreasonable to ask for 5 or 6 dollars each for the pair
of visors you have.  The best place for this would be
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade.

__Kevin Salm__

.