 Marketplace / Appraisal / 350
Re: Monitoring auctions for street value?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:42:16 GMT

Masterbuilder wrote:

Steve Waibel has started a publication called Buy The Brick. This has Lowest
and Highest prices that sets have gone for on ebay as well as the Norm. He
is planning on publishing it quarterly with monthly updates available. I
have found the first edition useful. E-mail me if you want his e-mail
address to get in touch.

I'm actually more interested in an electronic form.  Having to look up each
set every month isn't particularly interesting to me -- I'm thinking of something
more real-time, like a stock ticker (albeit a slow-moving stock ticker).  :)

I also didn't get a particularly favorable impression of Buy the Brick from
others.  The most poignant was:

   http://news.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=6926

What I'd like to do is be able to type in a set number and plot the
market history for that set over the past quarter, year, or (eventually)
five years.  It would also be nice to store all of my sets in the database,
then tell the system to just spit out all set numbers and the current
approximate value.

Unless something like this is out there, I'll keep at it...  I have no
problems sharing it with the LUGNET community, either.  'Twould be great
to be able to interface with the member set inventories and the actual
set listing indicating original MSRP, but I'll need to talk to Todd about
that.

Chris