 Marketplace / Appraisal / 340
Re: Price for bulk secondhald Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:18:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Daoist wrote:

Do you have any ideas how much money (US$) a pound of bricks is worth?

Depends on the quality of the pieces, how much non-lego stuff is mixed in,
whether or not you can identify possible sets in the mix (look for rare
pieces, partial construction, etc).

Bill Katz has mentioned that his standard offer for random used bricks is
$5 per pound.

And he had figured out there were roughly 350 pieces per pound.

You might search for old RTL posts on this topic.

Or, should I come up with a different method of setting the value of
random bricks?

Going by weight is a good starting point.  Price instruction books
separately -- they weigh a lot, and are a definite value-add for
set-collectors.

And don't assume that someone has the pieces for a set, just because
they've got the instruction book.

Steve