 Marketplace / Appraisal / 312
Re: Question on the value of Monorail Parts and 6347
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 03:24:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Cary Clark writes:
Steve Chapple and I have had a rather spirited e-mail discussion
about the value of monorail straights, curves and stanchions (the
black risers).  Steve values the straights at $10, the curves at $5,
and the stanchions at $1.50 (he is valuing as a seller). I value the
straights at $5, the curves at $3, and the stanchions at $1.50 (I am
valuing as a buyer). I value the turnout (switch), complete with half
curve, at $7. But, you can only use so many switches in a monorail
layout (which has limited my interest in 6347s.)

I would concur with your valuation and recommendation regarding
the turnouts/swithces.  Interesting timing of your post - your
package is sitting right here beside me on my desk at work (I'm
here WAY to late) waiting for you to tell me what to value it at
so I can mail it to you.  8-)  (If you e-mailed me, I didn't RX it.)

(I am not soliciting for Steve. As far as I know, he does not
wish to sell any 6921s.)

I'm not actively trying to sell any - no, but given my rather poor
financial state right now, I would certainly consider doing so.
I think Cary and I both prefer to trade (as we did) though.

SRC
(All but my 5571 and 8880 are essentially for sale, since
they have sentimental value that only applies to me.)