 Marketplace / Appraisal / 262
Re: Baseplates w/ Craters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 13:55:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Mike Walsh writes:
I recently picked up three of the grey baseplates with craters (like these:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=305-1) in a lot of used stuff.

Any idea what the value of these might be?  I don't have any instructions
with this lot so I have no idea where they came from.  They will likely end
up on my BrickBay store but I'd like to get a rough idea of what I should
price them at before I put them up.

G'day Mike,

According to a quick scan of the databases, these plates were used in
about 7 Classic Space sets..., I didn't check to see if later themes
still used them.  But the thing is, in general, these are in very
large sets.  If it were me, I'd be more interested in the value
of the (more-or-less) complete sets that may be in the lot than
the base plates themselves.  But you've probably decided you want
to keep them all  :]  Can't blame you there.

Somebody was seling some from a accessory set on BrickBay, but it
seems to be gone now (either sold or unavailable).  Maybe scope
out there once in a while and see if they reappear.  $10 is ringing
a bell for some reason tho...

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203